The Nightcap: the Whiskey Sour-Amaretto Sour Hybrid We Can't Get Enough Of
- 1 oz Your Favorite Whiskey (We like bourbon in this recipe.)
- 1 oz Amaretto
- ½ oz Pecan Proof Syrup
- 1 oz Lemon Juice
- Egg White (Optional)
- Lemon Slice and Luxardo Cherry to Garnish
- Measure whiskey, Amaretto, Proof Syrup, and lemon juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add egg white and a single whole ice cube. One of those half-moons modern fridges make, or a cube about the size produced by a plastic ice cube tray, will do the trick. (Massive ice cubes or spheres aren't necessary here.)
- Shake hard until the ice cube is completely gone, about 20-30 seconds. (You'll know it when you can't hear it clanking around in the shaker anymore.)
- Strain cocktail into chilled coupe glass.
- Garnish with lemon slice and Luxardo cherry. (We like to gently curl the lemon slice around the cherry and secure by running a cocktail pick through the middle, but you do you.)